Friday, January 23, 2009

Simplicity

So I think this new years season has finally hit me, because I am looking to change things without any special event or something new I'm looking for. First, I am trying the generic thing of trying to get into shape by running, and its been working quite well. I feel much better with daily activities and am more conscious of my eating habits. I could never convice myself that working out makes you more happy but now i think I've gotten a little closer to believing.

I wonder what it takes to make change, or even make decisions to change. Time is not waiting for change , its just cruising along like time does but I find myself similar in many ways (not all but many). Maybe we dont have the pressure of time that forces us to change. Maybe we feel immoral in some way.

Even my thoughts are 2 steps ahead of my actions and I can never catch up.

I do want know what this change conundrum is about. So, I am going back to simplicity. I want to know God again. That's it. I want to see who God is and hear from him. Simpleness like children or pets. Haha I think pets have it so simple. Children and pets teach us great things about simplicity. There are no false motives with their actions. They want to eat play sleep poop. I always wondered what it feels like to live like a hunter or the days of Adam and Evebefore their fall. Maybe i would wonder what it would be like to not worry about what to eat tomorrow or get eaten.

Nonetheless, I want to know God for the sake of knowing God. This infinite character of God is mind blowing and frustrating sometimes. I hope I can post back with answers to my questions.

No comments: