Friday, October 10, 2008

What's Next

Man, I've been realizing so much immaturity with our generation. When will we grow up to see our needs instead of our wants? I spent last weekend with my cousin at IKEA since he needed furniture for his room (its bare like India hostels), and i kept having to remind myself i don't need stuff like this. It was weird how i was drawn to it constantly. Money...it seems like the focus of our problems but its not. It's us. Money is just a tool that shows how immature we are. I find the bare minimum of giving to be a difficult thing because i think its mine! haha simplest way i could voice my thoughts. I wonder how it would look if we saw everything in our lives as God's and not our own. It seems impossible...There are so many sayings we have from the bible that have no weight in our lives.

Had a conversation with a friend and he was saying how he saw everything he had with no ownership. It seems so unreal that i couldn't completely believe that he will give EVERYTHING to those who need it. But why not? Why do these things Jesus calls up to do sound so radical? Is it cause we love him to some extent? Are the convictions overdone that they become bland as small talks?

God, work within us. help us to see

No comments: