Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Attitude

I watched atonement yesterday and I gotta say that was a pretty good movie. If you didn't see it and don't want to find out about it, don't read any further =D. I thought the way they shot the film was a big hit for me. They basically tell the story from one perspective and go back and tell it from another perspective. In the story, there are two people. These people are from the same house but totally different lives. One is the daughter of a wealthy old English family, and the other is the son of the servant family. Obviously they fall in love, but sequence of events lead them to separate for 4 years.Then, world war II happens. Then something bad happens. Now, these sequence of events started because of someone not wanting them together. The way movie presents the anger, sorrow, and blame is so relateable. There is a scene in the movie where the couple finally meets with that someone who ruined their lives and they just say all the things they want to say to that person. They tell that person what she should have done, what she will do. This is where I am just blown away. As I finished the movie, I came out with that it wasn't totally her fault. I wont go into full detail but I think something could have been done to avoid all the pain. Obviously, then that wont be a very good movie, but don't we find ourselves in similar situations? Something is going so wrong with our lives, and we blame the people around as the problem and the solution. "They need to do it." Think about how much easier it is for the character to blame the person partially at fault to own up to everything. The quarrels that we have is not from others but from our own damaged souls. Its not God's fault why we are here (where ever that may be). It is not others fault. It is your fault. haha it sounds so accusational but it isnt. We have to have to wisdom to see if we ourselves were involved to result to some current state. Maybe the other person is also at fault but we have to see it that we were involved so that we can forgive those that needs to be forgiven. I dont think all situations are similar to my thoughts but its so easy to be blindsighted by the anger and all the other emotions. The ending to the movie is quite suprising.

No comments: